These brakes are considered to be SECONDS as the screw hole machining has broken through the inside of the brake. See pictures. It does not effect the use, function or integrity of the brake. Out standard warranty still applies to these however we do not accecpt returns because of the appearance of the break through.
These are available in 22mm Silver barrel diameter only.
For correct fitting of these brake we need you to measure your barrel using a set of calipers, 3-4mm back from the muzzle, we cannot tell you what size brake you need unless you give us this exact measurement. Write the calibre required in the 'Comments' section during checkout. If you are unsure on what size to order, contact us with your measurement and will will advise.
Finished in Anodised Silver.
1. No gunsmith required to fit, no threading barrels or indexing issues. Can be removed when the rifle is sold unlike threaded units.
2. Massive recoil reductions, makes a .308 feel like a .243 or less. We do not have any exact figures as depending on rifle weight and load used, recoil will vary markedly. Most customers report a minimum of 30% recoil reduction for example .308 feels like .243. .243 feels like .223.
3. Replaceable stainless steel calibre bushing insert. Return your brake to us and we will replace the bushing in a calibre of your choice for $35.00 including return post.
4. Manufactured from high quality airecraft grade aluminium.
5. Quick fit, can easily be installed or removed in a few minutes or less.
6. Australian manufactured.
80mm L x 36.5mm W x 29.5mm D Approx weight 134grams
Ensure firearm is unloaded and bolt or action is removed/open. Check barrel is free of obstructions.
Remove Brake from packaging and check that the correct insert for the calibre has been fitted. Packaging should include.
1 x Brake fitted with calibre bush.
6 x Clamp screws.
1 x Hex key to suit screws.
Place the rifle in a rest or support it upside down.
Loosen all screws supplied in the brake.
Brake should now slide freely onto the barrel until the brake is approx. 5mm from the muzzle. At this point gently push it the rest of the way until it is in full contact with the muzzle. Only hand pressure is required to do this. Do not prise open using a screwdriver or the like.
Confirm that the brake is square to the axis of the rifle.
Take the Hex key supplied and gently take up the slack on all screws. In a clockwise direction begin tightening screws quarter of a turn at a time. Repeat this process until screws are tight, to a maximum of 85 in-Lb. Please ensure that there is an even gap approx. 1-1.25mm on both side of the brake where the clamping screws go through. If this gap does not exist and has closed up, the brake is not correctly fitted or suited for that diameter barrel then contact us for advise.
85 in-LB = 9.6 N-m
After extensive torque to yield testing, we have established that the GEN II Muzzlebrake screws can safely be torqued up to the above specs. This applies to all brake sizes.
Please note - fitting this brake will increase perceived muzzleblast and noise to both the shooter and bystanders. As with all firearms hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times.
Availability: In stock, usually ships within 1 to 3 days.