Please note - fitting this brake will increase perceived muzzleblast and noise to both the shooter and bystanders. As with all firearms hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times.
We have had some concerns about using a small diameter brake on some of the magnum calibers. Because of the size of the brake and the blast from the muzzle we need to advise that we cannot guarantee the brake safely staying on the barrel. Although we have had numerous customers successfully use this setup without any issues, we now recommend that brakes 20mm in diameter and up are only used on the magnum calibers.
It is your choice if you wish to try this, if you do please beware of all safety issues when using this. Make sure after each shot is fired your check the fit to make sure the brake has not moved.
SXT Gen II Aluminum Clamp On Muzzlebrake to suit a variety of barrel profiles.
Finished in Anodised Matte Black and Satin Silver.
Simply measure your barrel diameter at the muzzle and select the size from the drop down menu below. Please advise calibre required in the 'comments' section during checkout.
We can not tell you what diameter your barrel is, you will need to measure your barrel with a set of calipers.
Take the measurement 3-4mm back from the tip of your barrel. If you are unsure of what diamter barrel to order then send us the actual measurement and we will advise.
1. No gunsmith required to fit, no threading barrels or indexing issues. Can be removed when the rifle is sold unlike threaded units.
2. Massive recoil reductions, makes a .308 feel like a .243 or less. We do not have any exact figures as depending on rifle weight and load used, recoil will vary markedly. Most customers report a minimum of 30% recoil reduction for example .308 feels like .243. .243 feels like .223.
3. Replaceable stainless steel calibre bushing insert. Return your brake to us and we will replace the bushing in a calibre of your choice for $35.00 including return post.
4. Manufactured from high quality airecraft grade aluminium.
5. Quick fit, can easily be installed or removed in a few minutes or less.
6. Australian manufactured.
MEASUREMENTS: 20mm, 21mm, 21.5mm and 22mm
80mm L x 36.5mm W x 29.5mm D Approx weight 134grams
MEASUREMENTS: 15.5mm, 16mm, 16.5mm and 17mm
80mm L x 34mm W x 24mm D Approx weight 110grams
Ensure firearm is unloaded and bolt or action is removed/open. Check barrel is free of obstructions.
Remove Brake from packaging and check that the correct insert for the calibre has been fitted. Packaging should include.
1 x Brake fitted with calibre bush.
6 x Clamp screws.
1 x Hex key to suit screws.
Place the rifle in a rest or support it upside down.
Loosen all screws supplied in the brake.
Brake should now slide freely onto the barrel until the brake is approx. 5mm from the muzzle. At this point gently push it the rest of the way until it is in full contact with the muzzle. Only hand pressure is required to do this.
Confirm that the brake is square to the axis of the rifle.
Take the Hex key supplied and gently take up the slack on all screws. In a clockwise direction begin tightening screws quarter of a turn at a time. Repeat this process until screws are tight, to a maximum of 60 in-Lb. Please ensure that there is an even gap approx. 1-1.25mm on both side of the brake where the clamping screws go through. If this gap does not exist the brake is not correctly fitted or suited for that diameter barrel.
60 in-LB = 6.7 N-m
**PLEASE NOTE: We are able to accept International Orders for this item.
Availability: In stock, usually ships within 1 to 3 days.