The quality and accuracy of your reloaded ammunition depends largely on the quality of the equipment you use to assemble it.
Your choice of reloading dies should not be a casual one. Your dies literally shape the quality and function of your reloads. Because they are so important, we give them a lot of attention.
- Redding uses the finest alloy steels obtainable.
- Redding dies are machined on Super-Precision® lathes capable of holding the tightest tolerances in the industry.
- This allows Redding to guarantee that they will produce ammunition that will properly fit any standard (SAAMI) chamber, regardless of action type.
- To maintain the critical tolerances and guarantee that your dies will last a lifetime, Redding dies are carefully heat treated in atmospherically controlled furnaces.
- Finally, your dies are hand polished inside and out for smooth, flawless functioning, go through final inspection, and are ultrasonically cleaned and packaged.
- The die box is a handy cartridge loading block and storage package. Inside are storage locations for a spare decapping pin and hex wrench (both included), and even a place for your shellholder!
- All Redding dies have industry standard 7/8-14 threaded bodies.
On the pages that follow, you will find many products and design features that are uniquely Redding. Most of these products have evolved from listening to the needs and desires of our customers and helping them solve specific problems.
The design of our Profile Crimp Die is an example that came about from an attempt to help silhouette shooters solve the typical “half moon” crimp so prevalent with magnum handgun cartridges. Our solution to the problem not only solved the ugly, half crimp, but proved to tighten groups as well.